Oct 27, 2013

Bright Lights, Long Nights

If you know anything about Hong Kong it's that the cuisine, nightlife and foot massages are legendary; especially in that order. My long weekend in Hong Kong started at the Aqua Room in TST with a champagne brunch. Some friends and I kicked it off with unlimited Veuve and sashimi and then some of the best beef cheek I have ever had. The best part about the Aqua Room was the location; I can't imagine there is a better panoramic view of the city anywhere in Kowloon. Several hours later, we moseyed our way back to Central, where I eventually ended up at dragon-i partying until the sun came up. Luckily, my apartment was an escalator ride away, making for a short commute in my five inch heels.




After catching up on sleep, my friend's took me to some traditional dim sum consisting of popular Chinese dishes like chicken feet (which I could not bring myself to try), rice noodles with beef, fish head, and lots and lots of dumplings. Later that evening, we headed over to Stanley Plaza where we had a yummy dinner at The Boathouse and finished the night off with a selection of cheeses at Classified.  



Another place that I managed to grab some grub was Vbest Tea House in Central. I tasted the Shanghai dumplings and Shrimp Vermicelli (pictured below), which were both delicious. A few other restaurants that I tried were Pastis, french cuisine, Monogamous, traditional Chinese, and Ole, spanish. All were yummy, and if you ask one of the servers to teach you how to salsa at Ole, they will do just that.



Last stop before my flight was a super relaxing foot massage! We went in the middle of the work day, so we ended up having the whole place to ourselves. After a long weekend in heels and treking up and down the hills of Hong Kong, this was a much needed repose, which left me nice and refreshed!


No comments:

Post a Comment