Oct 16, 2013

Shanghai'd



For my first full day in the city I decided to roam around the Bund, drink an obnoxious amount of tea, and eat lots and lots of street food. That seems reasonable enough, right? 

It was fun just to people watch for a while. Shanghai is so drastically different from my first stop in China. You don't get an overwhelming sense of history, or the Party, like you do in Beijing. I think the youthfulness of the city paired with the modern skyline puts people in a different mindset all together. Everyone is ready to shop, eat, drink, and just have a good time. So, that's what I did.




A quick note on the tea 'ceremonies': agree on a price before you start.
Often they are looking to totally rip you off, so better to be safe than sorry.


 As far as the street food goes, just line up where a lot of locals seem to be going.
 I ended up only paying a whole $0.70 for lunch. Can't go wrong with that!


No comments:

Post a Comment